Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The Remedy...

It's been over a month since I last posted anything here - I mentioned then that I had found a 'remedy' for my lack of time and such - I do! Two weeks ago, I gave my boss notice of my 'retirement'. On August 9, 2007, I will no longer be a full-time employee at the college.

I felt as if 2 tons had been lifted off my shoulders - it's been very stressful in a different way, though. All of a sudden, I've become invisible by the other members of the department - the staff that I'm supposed to supervise. I have some very strong emotions about this, but it will work itself out. A couple of very dear friends have been reminding me non-stop that in 4 months and one week, it will no longer be my problem and that I need to remember this little prayer:

***********************************************************

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

the courage to change the things I can,

and the wisdom to know the difference.

***********************************************************

Amazing how well it works - especially when you save it in small poster form and display it above your monitor as suggested.

That's it for today, folks - I'll be back later in the week.

Take care, everyone, and remember -

"Some people are like Slinkies...not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

No comments: