Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A New Beginning

It's been a long time since I've written anything here – too long. Life has not been kind the last couple years, though, and has taken more of my time and energy than I care to admit.

I had considered just abandoning this blog, and starting a new one on another platform. But it would have meant giving up – I can no longer allow myself to do that. It's time to forge ahead and begin again – a new beginning.

I am a strong woman, but even strong women have their breaking points. I hit that breaking point with the loss of two wonderful men – my husband, and my big brother. And, now, another family member who has been diagnosed with Leukemia, which prompts my request for this favor – take a few moments to look at www.bethematch.org – it's a database for bone marrow donors.


Sadly, every 3 minutes another person is diagnosed with a blood cancer, but many of those suffering from those cancers have no match for a donor. So, please, if you would take a bit of time and get yourself entered into that database as a bone marrow donor, you could be the cure for someone – maybe not today or a year or two, and it may not be someone you love, but a complete stranger. But, if you're a match now or somewhere down the line, you could be a hero – you could save a life!

I'll leave you with that thought.

'Til next time.


No comments: